Level 2 Patchwork and Quilting
14th/21st August – or 18th /25th Sept;-9th, 16th, 23rd Oct; 6th, 27th Nov; 6th Dec; 15th Jan** 9.30 – 12.30 pm
9 lessons for a 2nd level course to create a more competent and confident quilter* £150
* * last session concentrates on quilting with your walking foot!
These nine lessons take students to a more secure level in piecing and other techniques for patchwork and quilting. You will be making a quilt similar to the one above. The fabric you chose will determine what your quilt will look like.
The target audience is those who wish to broaden their knowledge of different blocks commonly used for quilts and who need more understanding of techniques in piecing and applique. Preferably they will already have made a quilt and taken a beginner course.
What is included in the course?
- The applique pattern will be a matter of choice for each student and some new applique patterns are being introduced but those used above will be provided
- The course continues to introduce both traditional as well as modern quilting methods and approaches to quilting. Introduction to course – discussion of quilting knowledge. Spring, Christmas or child theme. This would also work as a scrap quilt.
- Introduction of Log Cabin block and its variations and different ways of making them. Making the extra borders for each block!
- Introduction to foundation piecing – simple block – foundation pieced
- foundation pieced log cabin
- More foundation piecing –crazy block
- Introduction to appliqué – fusible appliqué block – machine sewn – stitches, Introduction to the importance of stabilisers. Adjusting length and width of sewing machine to ensure smooth running satin stitch; rules for machining satin stitch/blanket stitch. Discussion about wadding and the many different kinds and when/how to use them
- Reverse appliqué, shadow applique and/or Trapunto –
- Sewing curves and set in piecing. Drunkard’s path block and other curved blocks.
- Putting your quilt together and quilting it.
Cost – £150 not including fabric.
For further information: contact Ann Till: 01903 745625 or email: email@example.com
Or use the form below to contact me.