Date: Saturday, 7th/8th June 2014, 9.30 – 4.00 pm
Venue: The Old School, School Lane, Storrington RH20 4LL
Cost: £75 –
Teacher: Ann Till
Immerse yourself in 2 free motion days, finishing by making an Art journal to keep track of stitch techniques and ideas. Watch this space for photos.
Bring with you
- Sewing machine – cleaned and hopefully in good nick with manual, spare needles, quilting (darning) foot (essential). (know how to lower feed dogs OR bring a means to cover them – credit card works
- Sewing kit plus all of your feet, scissors
- 4-6 14 – 18” quilt sandwiches made from plain fabric and wadding
- Size 50 Quality Cotton thread – Gutterman, Superior, Coates, Sulky, Aurafil – probably dark so you can see what you are doing!
- Pack of needles – Schmetz or Superior Top Stitch or Metallic 80/12 & 90/14 plus one 2 or 3 ml twin needle – try their titanium needles!
- Spare bobbins
- A variety to threads – I will have some for you to play with all sizes – 17 – 40 weight, metallic, variegated, whatever you fancy
- Lined and unlined paper
- Patterns you wish to learn
Introduction to free-motion techniques and tips and tricks
- Setting up your machine for free-motion – with and without ability to drop feed dogs
- Playing – paper preparation. Practice
- Playing on a sandwich – doodling, trying out some shapes, writing name, etc
- Landscape following
- Meandering – paper, machine
- Playing with different patterns, i.e. feathers, pebbles, etc.
- Tips and tricks – accessories
- Art Journal and templates
- Creation of book
The cost of the class is for the class sessions and 2 lunches. It would be fun to all have a meal together in the evening locally, which I could arrange if enough of us want it – separate cost. Accomodation is available locally – ask for details.